The year 2020 and 2021 has tuned lives of people across the globe upside down. The coronavirus pandemic induced lockdowns in different countries that forced a number of businesses to suffer losses. A number of them were forced to shut down. Once the business goes down, the individual’s interest remains at picking up a new business that would work the best in the current scenario. Here are a few business ideas that can work the best in 2021.
1. Online reseller – Online business is on a boom and people continue to be passionate about clothing and other household items. There are a number of online reselling platforms that provide opportunity to people to sell the items against a commission. It does not even take much efforts but just a little time as the logistics and stock management are all pre-planned.
2. Online teaching – With the schools and colleges shut down the demand for education is high online. People who have a skill or have a knowledge about a particular subject can offer their teachings online and earn regardless of your location.
3. Professional Organizer – Marie Kondo is one of the best examples of a professional organizer. These are people who help to declutter and minimize things in the house to make it look clean and organized. It does not require a special training but just some patience.
4. Freelance copywriter – People who enjoy writing and find it fun to write in any genre can establish themselves as a freelance copywriter. There is a high demand of web content and a number of companies can pay for the services like writing press releases and other documents.
5. Digital Marketing – Digital marketing was popular even during the pre-pandemic times. Its importance has grown as it has become harder for businesses to survive. Digital marketing helps the businesses to reach more number of people and also helps the brand to have an exposure.
Photo Credits: Pixabay
A number of businesses have been affected severely due to the coronavirus pandemic. A number of people switched from their main businesses to the ones that became popular or in demand during the pandemic. Repeated lockdowns affected the revenue flow but there is one platform that helped a number of people to remain active and devoted to the customers. Social media is indeed a powerful tool for the small businesses as it helps to reach the appropriate audience. It helps the company to build a brand value. Here are a few effective strategies that can be used to build social media presence.
1. Select the right network – The first step is to select the right kind of network by identifying the right audience for the business. For instance, people who are interested in art, fashion, lifestyle or travel then social networks like Instagram, Facebook Pinterest are the right platforms. While LinkedIn is good for business networking. Twitter can be used to share information that is time sensitive.
2. Engage with the audience – The audience needs to feel the energy and that would be possible only if the company engages itself in interactions. Being active on posts and participating in conversations makes the audience feel that they are being valued and they get an idea about the kind of service you could provide.
3. Limit promotional content – Make sure that you limit the promotional content as you don’t want to irritate the audience with constant promotions which are of no use to them. Create content that is valuable and addresses the needs of the audience. For instance, a person can inform about people, who needs food delivered to an isolated person.
4. Go personal – People wish to know about a brand on a more personal level instead of facing a corporation that does not have any personality. It is great to share office activities during festivals and even testimonies from the happy customers. It helps the company to build trust.
Photo Credits: Pixabay
The year 2020 proved to be fateful for a number of small and big businesses due to the coronavirus pandemic. There are a number of business that have already shut down or are struggling to keep up in the current scenario. While some have changed their directions towards other businesses, some are still finding ways to float. The good news is that you need not to shut, but apply a few strategies to firewall your business.
1. Cut on unnecessary expenses – This is a time when you need to cut down on the unwanted expenses where ever possible. This will help to get lean and will also help you to be confident to have some extra saving in your balance sheet. There could be a few things like magazines subscriptions and other things that do not make any sense anymore.
2. Innovate – You need to introduce innovation in every aspect of your business to make it work and survive. Make your clients realize why you stand out in front of your competition. They need to realize why you are unique and why your services are different. This is where innovation starts working.
3. Digital marketing – While the pandemic time might not be encouraging everyone to travel and give personal visits, digital marketing is the best way to reach your target audience. There are courses that could be done and watch how your company becomes popular overnight with the help of digital marketing.
4. Restructure – Make a new system completely by starting new. You can appoint limited yet new staff members to be explored to new ideas and new energy levels. Fresh ideas help entities to adopt new strategies with the help of influences.
5. Take Minimum risk – While the second name of business is risk, this pandemic, you need to take minimum or no risks. Working capital is what should be your preference and that could be limited. Give it a priority.
Photo Credits: Pixabay