A good marketing strategy is a key towards the success of any business. It needs to be planned in a proper way or the inc0ming revenue might come to a stand-still and will limit the success of the business. One thing people need to be aware of the fact that it is easy to be carried away by the new trends that promise success. But such trends could not support the business entirely. Here we will be discussing about a few tips that will help you to build a promising marketing strategy.
1. Gather the basics – marketing cannot be just started off in a jiffy. It needs a proper plan just like to you need to gather the ingredients for cooking a recipe. One ingredient missing and your dish could be incomplete and tasteless. This means that you need to make sure that all the elements of your business is in sync or all the money that you spend on it might be of no use.
2. Reach out to people who have done this before – ask for advice from a person, who could be a senior or a role model, who has done this before and might have some experience.
3. Evaluate your plan constantly – Make sure that you revisit your plan on a regular basis and introduce improvements. You need to be prepared for every change in the trend.
4. Know your brand – Make sure that your customers are satisfied by the product that you are offering. If they are not satisfied, then you might consider bringing out some improvement in the product as per their needs. Understanding your brand will help the customers to find you.
5. Remain agile – You might have the perfect marketing plan, but you also need to be versatile to be open towards changes in the plans. This where the importance of being agile comes out and shines as your potential to adapt to different environments might be healthy for your product.
Photo Credits: Pixabay
You are the boss of your company. You built it from scratch with your blood, sweat and tears. Everyday you work towards building it and see it grow, the same way a loving parent would do for their child. There are many intricacies with running a full-fledged company. In the beginning it may have been a start-up and you were able to manage the daily affairs efficiently. Then as it started to grow bigger, you invited friends and loved in to help you out. But then there came a time when you had to delegate responsibility to other individuals so you could concentrate on the business itself. All major entrepreneurs will tell you that in order to take your business to greater heights, you need to start handing out responsibility to others so that you can use all your energy on the important stuff – making your business grow exponentially. Here are some of the departments that you will need in your legitimate venture:
Finance Department: Everything works with money. Whether you are trying to run a house or full-fledged business, you need finances to get you going. The finance department is supposed to make this happen for you. From mundane things like paying bills to dispatching salaries to the employees, your finance team will do it on behalf of you.
Human Resources Department: To run a business, you need people. Right at the front door there may be security, you might need a personal assistant and other qualified personnel to help you turning your brainstorming sessions into reality, etc. It is the human resources department (popularly known as HR) that will handle this task for you. It is their job to find the right people to help expand your company. Human Resources is so important today that there are Masters and MBA degrees that specialize in HR!
Marketing & Advertising Departments: You might have a brilliant product that you are sure is going to sell like hot cakes and be a hit with potential customers. You have spent a lot of time building it and making it suitable for the public at large. But you do not know how to get word out there about it effectively. Enter the marketing and advertising departments. They will come up with strategies, campaigns and ways to make sure that your product is sold out there in the market in the best way possible. They are qualified to come up with unique and tried and tested ways to get your product from your boardroom onto the streets.
Information Technology Department: These days, everything runs on computers and machines. Whether it is the software or the hardware that your company uses, you cannot use your precious time cracking codes or huddling under the desk checking wires. This is where the IT department comes to use. They make sure that all your online stuff is working seamlessly because let’s face it – without the use of computer technology, you might as well get yourself a time machine and go back to the stone age. These brilliant employees need a significant place in your company.
These departments are the basic pillars of a company. Depending on what you are specializing in, there would be other departments that would help you carry forward your venture. Other departments include Legal, Planning, Projects, etc. Whatever decision you take, remember something that Sir Richard Branson advised: you need to employ people who will be the backbone of your company, dealing with its daily running so that you can concentrate on more important issues. Very sane advice, indeed!
Is there anything that you would like to let us know? Maybe you’ve got your personal stories that you would like to share? Comment below!