Disappointed Client 1
Business is a space where you need to give importance to the client’s opinion. The client is always right. This might not always apply, but maintaining a stance becomes important and vital for a deal to be cracked. Sometimes certain circumstances arise when the client in the business could be disappointed and it happens with a number of people. The situation becomes tricky for the seller as the client is the one responsible for revenue generation. Such situations need to be handled with care and here we will be discussing about what has to be done to win back a disappointed client.
1. Remain calm – A disappointed client is already agitated and might not want to discuss this further. You as a businessperson have to remain calm and patient. You don’t want to irritate them any further. You do not have to win an argument as it could end up in a heated discussion and that would be a loss for the company.
2. Identify the problem – Try to identify what went wrong and this will be possible if you initiate to look in to what went wrong. Let some time pass and gently approach the client by asking to what went wrong. Assure the client that things would be solved.
3. Solve the problem first – As soon as the problem has been identified, make sure that you find a solution for it and implement it immediately. Doing that would calm the person and open the doors for apology.
4. Offer an apology – Clients are the most valuable asset for a company and it is OK to offer an apology with a gift to compensate. Do not consider it as a bribe but a gift to make the client feel special.
5. Learn from your mistakes – Mistakes surely give you a lesson and this is the best opportunity to learn from the mistakes. The right action at the right moment can help you to understand the needs of the clients.
Photo Credits: Pixabay